Sunday, October 2, 2011

So How'd I do on Those Goals?




Here's the list of goals I set for myself May 14 (4.5 months ago) and whether or not I met them:

  • Attend "Bye Bye Birdie," the last show of the summer, at the Muny. I did not do this. I stopped losing weight and, even though a friend said that the paid seats are bigger (there are free seats and paid seats), I didn't want to risk it.

  • Attend a show at the Fox Theater. We didn't go this summer but there is a show coming this month that I think "A" would enjoy. The only thing holding me back is money.

  • Take two out-of-town trips. Went to Branson in June and had a great time. Unfortunately had to cancel the trip to Colorado because of money.

  • Do a bit of yard work. I just did this one yesterday! LOL

  • Spend some time with friends. Of the seven friends I listed, I spent time with three of them. I would say it was due to my schedule (which is true) but I'm just now learning how to manipulate my schedule so that it works FOR me and not against me, and that's the real issue of why I didn't see more of my friends. --> On a side note, I spent time with a friend I haven't seen in a year because she stopped including me in her life (no emails, stopped asking for help with things, etc.). We emailed a couple of times after that but I didn't get a response to the last one. Truth is, I don't miss her. She (like all of us) has changed and we aren't in the same place. I think she's become much more rigid in how she lives her life and she doesn't seem interested in having me be a part of it. It's hard to admit but I'm really O.K. with this. I've debated whether or not to inviter her to the wedding and I've decided not to. It's time to move on.

  • Read. I did this! I read a couple of leisurely books and when time permits during the school year I'll continue to do this.



  • LL xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment