Sunday, February 19, 2012

Motivational Monday 2/20/12


A couple of nights ago I was watching videos online about jogging techniques when I ran across this advertisement about the Spartan Games. I have to tell you, it took my breath away. I really wish I had seen this a few years ago when external negative forces were strongest in my life, but after fighting so hard against people who used my existence to make themselves feel bigger, after overcoming a lifetime of feeling worthless, I can use the words in this video as a reminder to keep reaching up and to push hard against those who would push me down.

I am in the best part of my life right now, and by no means is that an exaggeration. If I die today, I die a winner with absolutely no regrets. I look at the people who are in my life today and am amazed at their strengths. I see them pushing back against forces that are trying to keep them down as they fight to get to the best parts of their lives, and awe doesn't begin to describe how I feel about them.

Wherever you are in your life right now--in need of hope or already living like a champion--take 5 minutes to watch this with no interruptions. Soak in the words and I guarantee you will find at least one thing that is meaningful to you. If you are so inclined, I'd love to know your reaction to it.

As for me: I am successful, I am a winner, and I am no longer ashamed of it.





Our deepest fears is not that we are inadequate
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us
Playing small does not serve the world
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you
We were all meant to shine as children
It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone
As we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same
As we are liberated from our own fear
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment