Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Workout Wednesday 3/1/12

I have committed to losing weight a few times in my life but what I'm doing this time around is completely different, and I owe it all to having a trainer. This is not only a brand new experience but one that has come with many unexpected, happy surprises.

Happy Surprise #1: Crazy Awesome Conditioning

I used to watch a "trainer" who would simply watch and count as his clients moved through the fitness center using the machines, but my trainer is crazy creative, combining several moves into one and bragging about how every muscle is being worked. It took me a while to get used to this but now I like it (yes, even when I beg for it to be over).

Happy Surprise #2: Homework

I thought that training started and stopped with scheduled sessions but the reality is that guidance is given in regard to what I should do on my own. Because of this, I'm doing more and working harder than I ever would have on my own.

Happy Surprise #3: Stupendous Support

If I have a bad couple of days, need some questions answered or am seeking guidance regarding increases or modifications to diet and exercise, my trainer is there to offer fabulous support. This has been an amazing bonus!

Happy Surprise #4: Being Watched

Sounds creepy, right? Well I can assure you there's no stalker in clown makeup up here, just someone who is going to know what I do when on my own. This has helped the most with my diet. I have really struggled some days to stick with my eating plan, and the ONLY reason I didn't deviate is because I didn't want to face my trainer with less-than-stellar news on the scale.

Happy Surprise #5: RESULTS!!

I had no idea that results would happen so quickly :-)

If there is one thing I could change, it would be to work out with my trainer more often. It's the toughest physical work I've ever done, but I'm pushed to do more than I ever thought I could do, and let me tell you, the high that replaces the exhaustion (haha) is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment