Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Workout Wednesday 2/22/12

So this is the second part of my blog's revamp, Workout Wednesday, during which of course I'll be writing about all things related to exercise.


When I hit the gym on my cardio days, one of the things I look forward to the most is blasting high energy music in my ears; it turns the treadmill into a dance floor as my steps match the beats. I love, love, love this music because it pushes me to move faster and work harder, and wakes up a sexy, fierce lady that has been silently waiting her turn to come out and play. A year ago my car was broken into and my stereo was stolen, and because I can't find the right wire to put in the new one, I haven't had the joy of blasting tunes for far too long. I love music. All kinds. Yes, even John Denver has a place in my melodic heart (boy I hope I don't regret sharing that). I play what fits my mood, and when I workout my mood is all about feeling strong and powerful, so my music has to match.

The songs I choose first and foremost sound amazing; many even give me goose bumps! Then there are the lyrics--I love the stories of some of them. When I hear Usher telling me to dance like it's the last night of my life, I am so there (and the pace on the treadmill ALWAYS increases).

So here they are along with some of the best lyrics:

 

  • Inception soundtrack:
    • The etherial songs are great for cooling down, and the rest . . . well, have you seen the movie? Pow-er-ful!
  • Almost anything by Hans Zimmer:
    • Inception, The Dark Knight, love, love, love
  • Enrique Iglesias:
    • Rhythm Divine: "All I need is a rhythm divine/ lost in the music your heart will be mine" Can you say hot?!
    • Bailamos: "Let the rhythm take you over" Oh yes, I will
  • Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne:
    • "Let it Rock" So powerful!
  • Ke$ha:
    • Blow "It's time to kill the lights and let the crazy out/This place about to blow!" A song about dancing, love it!
  • Black Eyed Peas:
    • Rock That Body, the perfect storm of sexy, powerful and dancing
  • Paramore:
    • Decode: Whether or not you like the movie, this song is strong, deep and takes me away from myself for 3 minutes, 35 seconds
  • Shinedown:
    • Devour: this song is cra-zazy strong!
    • Sound of Madness: "I created the sound of madness/Wrote the book on pain/Somehow I'm still here to explain/That the darkest hour never comes in the night/You can sleep with a gun/But when you gonna wake up and fight/For yourself." Brent Smith is clearly singing this to me ;-)
  • Usher:
    • DJ Got Us Falling In Love, "Cuz baby tonight/DJ got us falling in love again/so dance, dance like it's the last, last night of your life, life." I jog, jog like there is no tomorrow ;-)
    • More, "If you really want more/Scream it out louder/Get it on the floor/Bring out the fire/And light it up/Take it up higher/Gonna push it to the limit/Give me more." This directly speaks to my workouts, and I do give more when I hear it
    • OMG: sexy, sexy, sexy *fans self*
  • Rihanna:
    • Please Don't Stop the Music, "It's gettin' late/I'm makin' my way over to my favorite place/I gotta get my body movin'/shake the stress away." About dancing but it sure sounds like my workouts
    • Only Girl in the World: just hot, hot, hot. Nuff said
    • What's My Name: this is slower but the music is perfectly dreamy, especially the East Indian influence, and the lyrics are . . . sexy ;-)
  • LMFAO:
    • Party Rock Anthem: Super fun, high energy, makes me wanna dance hard!
  • The Muse:
    • Uprising: "They will not force us/They will stop degrading us/They will not control us/We will be victorious." Clearly all about being strong, LOVE IT!
  • Chris Brown:
    • Yeah 3X, a fun dance song with soo much energy; O.K. I admit it, I've loved this since I heard it in the New Year's Eve promo :-)


There are a few more but these are the main ones. I've got a loop of 20 songs (aside from the Inception soundtrack--that one has to be played all on its own) but it will certainly change in a couple of weeks. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment