Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Motivational Monday: To Be or Not to Be


To be healthy or not to be healthy, that is the question. But what is the answer? My answer is a resounding "Hell yes!" What motivates me to be healthy honestly depends on the day. Some days I'm at one with the world and simply want to be my best in every way. Other days it's because I want to open up opportunities that I've missed out on in the past decade (like going to live theater productions where the seats are notoriously fat-unfriendly).

I've said from the beginning that I am not doing this for cosmetic reasons as I have in the past, but I cannot deny that I am excited by what I've seen of myself this past week. Seeing the results as opposed to just feeling them adds another level of motivation, as in gosh, I wonder what I'll look like when another three months has passed. For me, it's a reflection of the changes on the inside. I do not feel the same as I did before and it's cool that the outside is keeping pace :-)

I've put together some before-and-not-quite-after pictures for a visual of my progress to date. The last one is the oldest one, a record of the best New Year's Eve I've had. I like it, not because I want to "go back" to that, but because it's a reminder of the person I've kept hidden inside for nearly 20 years. This was a fun girl who grabbed every aspect of life and enjoyed it to the fullest. She didn't think twice about what others had to say about her bright spirit.

I can't change the past, so I'm looking to the future and reaching out for the life that I want--and I'm joining forces with the girl that was to become the woman I want to be.

May 24, 2010: 38th birthday at 270+ lbs

April 17, 2012 at 217 lbs

Christmas 2000(?): 270+ lbs



April 2012: 221 lbs

1995: New Year's Eve at 145 lbs




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Of course it always helps to have a foster kitty in a pic, right? ;-)

      Delete