Sunday, April 1, 2012

Motivational Monday: Even if You (Think You) Suck

Don't you just love that title? It's the title of the video and I think we all feel this way sometimes. I know I did last week . . .



My motivation has been decreasing over the past two weeks, but it wasn't until two days ago that I saw that my patterns of behavior had been changing: sleeping more than usual and no interest in exercising or even eating. Any psychologist would see these as signs that something is wrong, and there is. Luckily I was finally able to see what was happening and realized that I had to face what I've been trying to avoid so that I could get back on track and move forward. I even reached out to a friend and asked for an ear while I cried it out and opened up about my fears. I don't know why talking about such things helps but it does. 

Consequently, I haven't lost any weight in the past two weeks which pretty much guarantees that I won't be 199 when I graduate. More importantly though is that I just learned a bit more about myself, so hopefully I'll recognize these signs in the future so that I can tackle the problem head on.

I think that this video fits because even though I slowed down I didn't quit. I still worked out even though I said I wouldn't, and that's going to make a difference. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment