Friday, November 12, 2010

Happiness Found?


Good Morning!
First, let's see how I did with my goal list from yesterday:
  1. Finish tonight's homework by noon (it's 10 a.m. now) I did!!
  2. Eat mindfully, particularly at the event tonight. I will enjoy the food but not go overboard. My goal is to not leave with pain in my tummy from overeating. I enjoyed the food from the event, but I did not go overboard. I enjoyed some appetizers over the course of 2 hours, and this worked as my dinner. I did not stuff myself but was comfortably satisfied. When I was done I was done (I'm so proud of that) and I didn't take any of the leftovers home (first time ever!!).
  3. Feel good about myself. Feel pretty regardless of the beauty conventions that I may not currently meet. I felt very good about myself all day :-D
  4. Love my man. I hold back a lot of myself because until recently our entire relationship has been painful (more on this another day) I loved him very much and honestly so. He wasn't going to be able to make it to the event but he surprised me, and my reaction was so genuine about how happy I was that he was there. He didn't even get any food when he arrived, he walked past it and came to see me in the office :-D 
I feel really good today. I feel myself getting better every day, particularly with my emotional health, and I'm sure you know that it doesn't matter how well your doing in all other parts of your life--if you aren't emotionally healthy the rest just doesn't seem to matter.

I'm keeping this short today because I'm just enjoying the good feelings that I have right now. I have a lot to do today with my job and schoolwork, but first I'm getting something to eat and will watch last night's episode of The Office. I love Fridays for different reasons than most people--not because it's the start of the weekend but because I love the time I have at work. It's like a quiet time with no pressure and I have the entire day to do whatever I want (work, chill, play). 
Oh yeah, I'm 261.0 today ...


Today's Goals:
  1. Enjoy the day and do what makes me happy (schoolwork, job-work)
What I'm thankful for:
  • Really great friends who have always been there to listen, who trust me enough to let me listen, and who freely share their love and happiness
  • A fabulous boss who listens to my ideas and respects me to the point that I feel we are equals (despite our titles)
  • A wonderful man who loves and adores me (he truly does). I think I'm going to experience with him the love that I've always wanted to set free :-)

  • A safe, comfortable home. When we have no money to spare, we still have all the creature comforts and every necessity to survive and survive well.
  • To be alive another day to enjoy all the gifts I have and to do something else to make a difference in someone else's life.
  • Feeling good, so wonderfully and truly good, for the first time in years
Love to everyone,

LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment