Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's Sunday!! What am I Going to Do Today?

Most days of the week for me lack routine but Sundays ... yeah, I know what to expect on Sundays. My man spends the night on Saturday, and Sunday morning I get out of bed anwhere from 8a to 10a, and if I don't wake him up, he can sleep as late as 2p. I don't do anything noisy or leave the house, so that means my day doesn't really get started until he's dressed and ready to go (which takes at least 1 hour but closer to 2 hours after he wakes up). This means that sometimes my day doesn't begin until 4p.


As I write this, it's 12:15 and I've been up for almost 4 hours. I was going to read my book for class but instead I've been Online reading blogs. I've only now started becoming interested in blogs and I'm glad that I have--I need a Facebook distraction LOL (I had such a game addiction that I spent at least 2 hours a day playing FB games, but in order to advance through challenges more quickly, I made up 5 fake FB accounts, so if I played each game in each account, I could easily spend 4+ hours a day just updating my games--I've recently deleted all the games and have turned to non-real-time games through a different Website), and reading blogs is educational and the opposite of mind numbing :-)

Anyhoo, to get back to the point here, I started to panic last night when thinking about what I have to do today. I had originally planned on staying home all day so I could focus on school, but I have to go into work for about an hour to take care of the things I didn't do Friday (the day when I decided to just chill and NOT work at all), I need to go to the grocery store and I have to hit another store to get some non-grocery items. I also need new clothes, so I might hit the neighborhood thrift shop to see what they've got.

So yeah, I'm a bit sporadic right now and not feeling as elated as I have been, but certainly not feeling bad either. I've had a fabulous weekend. I got out of the house Friday night and last night (which is very rare for me but something I'm actively trying to do) and had a fun relaxing weekend, but as with any Sunday, it feels like the weekend is already over. I have to get ready for the week and the fact that school days are just around the corner starts to freak me out because I don't want to wait until Monday to get back to schoolwork. Additionally, I've only got about 3 more weeks to get EVERYTHING done for this semester, so between that and it being Sunday, it's like a double whammy. However, I'm aware of it and I hope that today will go relatively well.

Goals for today:
  1. Go to work for about an hour: clean up, send emails, order food for Tuesday's meeting, fill out evaluation if there's time, print fundraiser sign, check budget, start list for Tuesday's meetings (get schedule of next year's show), change phone message
  2. Do laundry
  3. clean kitchen (clean floor)
  4. buy groceries
  5. do other shopping (buy a mop)
  6. Read some of my book for my report


What I'm grateful for:
  • Being alive to help my daughter
  • The fact that I'm alive and my friends and family are all healthy and safe
  • Being able to attend college
  • Being successful in so much of what I do
  • Being loved by family, friends and a sweet man
  • having pets who are loving and a joy to have in my life


LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment