Thursday, July 7, 2011

Need to Make Adjustments

251!!!!

I was stunned to say the least when I stepped on the scale yesterday. I've wandered from the rules of this diet quite a bit, but apparently the efforts that I HAVE made were still effective. Yay! This is giving me some momentum to keep moving forward. Only thing I don't understand is, why did my weightloss stall when I was being stricter with it? It was way too soon for a plateau . . .

This week has not started off very well. I'm stressed about earning a full paycheck because of having July 4th off (no holiday pay for students) and I'm freaking out about getting my final research paper completed before graduation. A and I took the week off, but it's a short week, and Tuesday and Wednesday were useless because I've been so tired. I actually was alseep before 10pm the past two nights. I've had mild headaches and have been absolutely exhausted. I have to wonder if this is because I've been indulging in carbs, particularly sugar (cold ice cream cones on hot, steamy days, oh yeah! LOL). I haven't had this many carbs at once since early April.

Let me clarify exhausted: A and I went on walks through the neighborhood Monday and Tuesday (he stopped by to pick something up Tuesday and since I was too tired to work I thought a walk would help--no such luck) and both times I was dead, really forcing myself to take the steps.

So let's recap: I'm getting enough sleep but have been eating sugary treats; I have headaches and am super exhausted all the time. I think it's time to give up the sweet treats and signigicantly pull back on the carbs. My guess is that within 2-3 days I'll be good as new.

As for my paper and work hours, I will just do the best I can. It looks like I may have to give up this weekend of free time to focus on getting this all done.

One day at a time, right? Works for everyone, every situation, not just alcoholism.

LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment