Friday, May 13, 2011

The Ride has Begun, and Oh What a Ride it will be! :-D

258.4 (11.6 lbs lost)

Since early 2004, I have used the site fitday.com to record my weight along with other thins the site records. This morning I looked through it and made a short list of weight changes, including what I weighed the day before I became a mom. The last time I was in the 100s was 1999. Since then there has been a big ol' "2" at the start of every number. In 2005 I spent months working out at the gym on campus and got fairly close to changing the "2" to a "1" but it was not yet meant to be. *sigh* After that my weight shot back up and has roller coastered around the 240s, 250s and 260s.



As you may know, I'm celebrating my current weight loss. I tell my friends and even my child's significant other of my most recent achievements (hey, you eat my food you gotta hear my stories! LOL). Because I have such a large amount of weight to lose, I made a list of short-term goals I can focus on along the way. When I was just 19-years-old, I went to Jenny Craig because I had put on 30 pounds since getting out of high school and had no idea how to lose it. At the first meeting, the woman put my current and goal weights into a computer and showed me a calendar predicting my progress. It not only showed when I would reach my goal weight, but also when I would hit the halfway mark. That halfway mark excited me because it was just a few weeks away. I can do that! I can focus on these changed long enough to hit the halfway point, and then I'd simply have to do it one more time to reach my goal. Easy Breezy, man!

In the next year there are some important events taking place, so I listed my goals for each of them. As for my ultimate weight-loss goal, my first one is 150. If this is where my body wants to be, I'll be happy as a pig in mud (ooh, maybe not a good metaphor). I weighed 124 throughout high school, but I really don't know that my body will want to go there again. So, 150 is great, if I can get to 140 or 130, all the better, but not necessary.

So here they are, LL's weightloss goals/milestones listed at current rate of 2.5 lbs per week:

-          Jun 23, 2011: 243 (going on vacation)
      -          Aug 22, 2011: 223 (new semester begins)
      -          Sep 12, 2011: 215.5 (going out of town for wedding)
      -          Dec. 16, 2011: 180.5 (end of semester)
      -          Should hit goal weight of 150 on or before Mar 9, 2012 J Just in time for Spring Break Cruise Mar 24!
      -          May 12, 2012: 128 (graduation!!)

When I look at it broken down this way, it's really not so bad. My first milestone is just 6 weeks from now, not long at all, and each one just gets me closer to the finish line.

I would like to mention that with very little exercise I've been losing 2.5 lbs per week, but now that the semester has ended I will have free nights and weekends along with a regular work schedule, and I'll be able to schedule regular visits to the fitness center. This will bring my rate to 3 lbs per week, a perfectly reasonable weight-loss for someone of my size.

Look out world; ain't no stoppin' me now!




Listen to this old '70s jam (I've been a soul music fan since I got my first battery operated radio with the 2-foot tall antenna). Here are some of the lyrics. Enjoy!


Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move (yeah-ee-a, yeah-ee-a)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We've got the groove
Spice Girls, check it out

There've been so many things that have held us down
But now it looks like things are finally comin' around, yeah
I know we've got a long long way to go, yeah
And where we'll end up
I don't know
But we won't let nothing hold us back
We gonna get ourselves together
We gonna polish up our act, yeah
And if you've ever been held down before
I know that you refuse to be held down any more, yeah yeah
Don't you let nothing, nothing
Nothing stand in your way
And all we gonna do
I want you to listen, listen (That's right)
To every word I say
Every word I say about it


LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment