Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From Good to Frustrating or Is This What Yin & Yang are All About?

263.6 (& holding water, so have lost another 1-2 lbs.)




I've had a good weekend. I spent 4 hours scrubbing the heck out of my kitchen Saturday morning. While it was NOT fun, I am VERY glad to have a shiny floor, no dirty dishes, a clean fridge, lovely cabinet doors and a sparkly stove. I've implemented a rule that for the timebeing no shoes are allowed. I worked too damn hard to have it all ruined with dirty shoes. ;-)

Me and the Man went to dinner at a Meditteranean (sp?) restaurant using a Groupon he bought. It was the first time I've been out since I changed my diet, and I did very well. It didn't bother me at all to pass on dishes that I've always loved. The Man said he's very proud of me and that he's never seen me so dedicated to getting healthy.

I relaxed Sunday, didn't push myself at all. I made brunch for me and the man and later I grilled a ton of stuff for dinner which fed 4 of us plus enough for a few lunches.

I kept the T.V. off yesterday and got lots of schoolwork done (YAY!!), but it was a bit tainted by my financial worries. This diet I'm on is neither cheap nor convenient. More than half the food budget is gone, and I'm constantly cooking. My plan when I grilled Sunday was to have enough to get me through the next 2-3 days, but a 4th person came to the house after I went to bed and at about half of it. I'm happy to share, but right now it's not convenient for me. :-(

For example, right now I've only got 2.5 hours before I have to leave the house and I won't be back until almost 10p. I have to eat now and then make stuff that I can take with me. I don't have the luxury of buying a box of health bars or packing a banana since those aren't allowed on this diet. *sigh*

Anyhoo, writing about this is making me a bit crabby, so I better just stop here.

Love to all!!

LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment