Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ready to Live

Not sure what my weight is today but yesterday it was 268.2. I am holding water so honestly that will account for the extra couple of pounds.

I've started the two-week induction phase of the new and improved Atkin's Diet. I went to Denny's last night and had some skillit breakfast with veggies, meat and chease (all of which is allowed) but also some potatos (not allowed). It was the best I could do since they've gotten rid of their low-carb menu options.

I went to the store afterwards and bought some good stuff, like single-serving sizes of salmon (pkgd in marinades), breakfast sausage, bratwurst and some veggies. Yeah, it doesn't sound healthy, but one of the changes in the Atkin's Diet is to not eat processed meats like lunch meat and hotdogs. When I did this years ago, I honestly lived on hot dogs and lunch meat and rarely ate pure chicken or beef. I also couldn't have veggies, so I'm happy I can now. As far as veggies go, I honestly never eat them, so the fact that I will be now is great. I'm happy to have the variety (i.e. not just protein) for the next two weeks.

It's a beautiful day so my man and I are going to grill a bunch of different meats for our respective homes, like chicken, pork steak, bratwurst, burgers and pork chops. For brunch I'm having a veggies omelet and sausage. Yummy! :-D With dinner I will have a fabulous salad too!

Another thing I'm working on is my insomnia. There is a new product called "Beauty Rest" that is sold at QT next tot he 5-hour Energy, and man does it work. I bought one of each last night (one so I could sleep, the other so I cold wake up LOL) and it worked. I slept :-) Unfortunately it was a late night so I still didn't get to sleep until 2a.m., so I'll take it earlier tonight.

I feel a deep dedication and committment to getting better and feeling better. I am looking forward to not having puffy ankles and tight calves that prevent me from doing the smallest things. I'm looking forward to getting out of my house and living my life again. I want to go with friends to small cafes and not worry about being able to get around the tables or how uncomfortable the chairs will be for me. I want to take my man to the Fox, a place he's never been. I wantt o get on a plane and fly somewhere, maybe to Disneyworld (where right now I can't fit into the rides).

I'm so done with this baggage I've been wearing for the past 10 years. I am no longer afraid to let go of my protective force (the fat) and my source of comfort (food). I am finally ready to live.

LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment