Friday, April 22, 2011

Mediocre

264.8

I've been really busy the past two days with the wake and funeral of A's grandmother. I cooked breakfast which made us 20 minutes late in getting to the funeral home (only had 5 hrs. sleep the night before) but then the church provided lunch and a relative took the family out for dinner. I made the choice to just eat whatever. I had already decided to restart the induction phase of the diet based on some more info that I found online, so taking a "day off" was not going to be detrimental. I still made good choices though and even though I wasn't sticking to the plan, I didn't go hog wild either. I enjoyed what I ate and only ate until I was full.

I went into this diet rather suddenly and therefore was ill-prepared, so there are a few things I want to do differently this time around. For one, I wasn't tracking my carbs and I'm certain I had more than what I should have had. I didn't have any condiments but during this time I found recipes for mayo and bbq sauce (I am a Midwestern gal after all), so I'd like to make up a few things to have on hand. I also need to do better meal planning. The past two Sundays I grilled a LOT of meat for the purpose of having it throughout the week. Unfortunately, not only did other people take too much, but while I was sleeping this past Sunday night my child's friend ate about half of what I had set aside for myself, so I also need to label what is mine. Also, simply because I could, I ate a LOT of food. I can't afford that. So rather than have 6 sausage patties with breakfast, I've reduced it to 2. Since I'm saving money by not buying the book, I want to put together a list of foods and carb counts.

(to be continued . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment