Friday, April 15, 2011

Too Tired to Think

264.2



All of the work I've been doing these past three months has caught up with me. I left my internship early yesterday because I realized I had been listening to a woman talk for about 5 minutes and I hadn't done so much as nod my head or give a "uh huh" to let her know I was listening. I was dizzy and also had some sharp shooting pains in my abdomen and upper chest, so I canceled my afternoon appt. and went home to rest.


I slept for 3 hours, the longest nap I've had in ages and the deepest sleep I've had in at least a couple of years, no joke. I woke up for a few seconds and didn't know where I was, what time it was (was it day or night?) or what day of the week it was. I had tried taking a nap a few days before--I laid down for about 45 minutes and only fell asleep for 5. That is how it always goes for me.



So I took last night off. I didn't clean or do homework, and I wouldn't allow myself to even think about it. I felt better when I got up today but when I got to the conference I felt exhausted again (and all I did was sit for 3 hours). After I ate my lunch I saw that everyone from my department had left so I did the same. I'm home now, have had a snack, and the exhaustion is back. I'm going to lie down and take the night off again (although I'm sure I'll do some housework later, but at a relaxing pace).



LL xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment